Importing - Employee Hours
Hours worked can be imported into the system with a .csv file, which can be exported from spreadsheet software such as Excel.
Importing Employee Hours
To access the Import Hours page, select Employees > Employee Accounts > Run Payroll > Import Hours
Select a number of columns: these columns should correspond with the relevant column in your spreadsheet i.e. Row A = 1, Row B = 2 and so on.
Each column represents the following data:
- Account ID – the ID of the Employee Account, which can be found in the Employees screen
- Date – the accounting date or end date of the pay period
- Hours – the total number of hours worked (can be decimal)
- Pay type – should match the ‘pay types’ set up in the employee record i.e. wages, bonus
- Works order number – if the hours are the result of a works order
- Project name – if the employee costs are to be assigned to a project
- Department name – if the employee costs are to be assigned to a department
- Customer account code – if the employee’s hours are to be assigned to a customer account
- Stock code – if the employee hours are to be attached to an order item
If the date field is blank, choose a relevant payroll date using the ‘if blank date’ field.
Choose the file to import and select Import. The employee hours will then be imported into the system.